
Josiah and I have been living in St. Kitts for 2 years now. August 2009 we moved to the small, remote, caribbean island with no real ideas of what we were doing besides Josiah going to vet school, which is a big adventure in itself. We have 8 months to go before we move to some other vet school campus in the States, which we will not know where until January 2012. I'd like to say it's been a breeze living abroad and that I always appreciate the warm, carribbean weather. However, I will admit the hot humid air has gotten the best of Josiah and I both at times. I try to go to the beach weekly but life happens and we sometimes forget the beauty around us and yearn for the cold, rainy mountains of Oregon. The island life is not always the most stable and safe too. There have been a jump in crime since we've lived here and the government is...how do I say...lazy and corrupt. (Since receiving their independence from the British in 1978 there has been only 2 prime ministers with the second still in power)
I will say Josiah and I strive to be thankful here. God has so generously blessed us with a job at an amazing school (me), wonderful friends, a church family, a comfy apartment that feels like home, the ability and money to fly home for Christmas, and passing vet classes (obviously not me =-) ). I've included some photos below of things I am thankful for. My gorgeous nieces and nephews, going to international soccer matches for cheap, the warm Caribbean water (sorry Pacific, you've been beat), amazing friends who cook and share with us, horse-riding (galloping) on the beach and in the ocean, and of course Josiah. We love and miss you all but God has definitely had and has us in St. Kitts for so much more than we expected.
 |
| St. Kitts won! |
 |
| International Soccer match for the Olympic Games between St. Kitts and Haiti. |
 |
| The newest Nephew=Jude Dawson Reid. Can't wait to meet him! |
 |
| Keatyn Jane Braden |
 |
| Madisyn Ann Braden |
 |
| Ender William Reid with his new little brother Jude |
 |
| The oldest of them all; Clayton James Pilcher |
 |
| Little princess; Janessa Ann Pilcher. Happy Birthday, 5 years old! |
No comments:
Post a Comment