 |
| My niece Keatyn |
 |
| Hellgate Jetboats in GP. |
 |
| Mt. McLoughlin |
 |
| Add caption |
Josiah and I are back on the Rock, aka St. Kitts, and thankful to be so settled here with our friends, dogs and jobs after our August week break. We had a great trip home to visit all our family and friends for a short, very short week in Oregon. We stopped by Wisconsin on the way home to visit my oldest sister, Jaymie and her husband Ryan and their two sweet girls, Keatyn and Madisyn. I also got to see my best friend from high school, Tiffany, her husband Shane and their new baby girl Mabel. What a treat. People really are the best thing in life and God has so abundantly blessed Josiah and I with AMAZING people in our life. He continues to still.
 |
| Jaymie with her gals, Madisyn and Keatyn on Lake Geneva |
 |
| Madi and I |
 |
| Sweeties, Keatyn and Madisyn |
 |
| Tiffany, Mabel and Jak in WI. |
In Oregon, aka GOD'S COUNTRY, Josiah was in our dear friend Mick and Kate's Wedding. I can't tell you in words how much it meant to us to be there for that day. We have missed so many of our close friends weddings in the last two years here and it really makes my heart sink on those days when I know they are getting married and I can't be there to see them. Thankfully, people are merciful to the cost of the plane tickets and the schedule that locks us here to St.Kitts. They remain our friends even when we miss that important wedding day. With that said, it was SUPER awesomely awesome (yes I'm making up words now) to be at this wedding in the Applegate valley.
 |
| Best photo booth ever!!! Mick and Kate as themselves |
 |
| Mick, the groom, and Jak, the witness |
 |
| The Joe and The Tyler |
 |
Old friends
|
 |
| Moses' |
 |
| Pilchers |
In addition to wedding things, Josiah and I spent time with the fam and friends doing the god 'ol Oregon summer things. I went rafting with buddies from Portland and Grants Pass on the Rogue River. I also went hiking with my brother Jason and sister-in-law Beth to Mt. McLoughlin. (9,495 feeteroos up that baby!)
 |
| I'm on top of the Mountain! |
 |
| Beth and Jak during the hike |
 |
| Jas and Beth before the hike |
 |
| Old Home GP |
 |
| Janna, Beth, Mom and Jak at the Ashand Caberet DinnerTheater |
Right now we are on STORM WATCH for a tropical storm expected to hit this afternoon. It always surprises me that the storms come on the weekends when I'd like to take the pups to the beach for some sun. Anyways, I'll be here lesson planning like usual. We have 8 more months on the island. I am so thankful to still be working at the Prep School teaching Kindergarten and music to all the grades. I am still teaching piano and voice lessons to individual students after school, directing and accompanying the community choir and now starting a grades 1-4 kids choir at the school. Whew! I think I like being busy. For sure time has passed quickly.
 |
| Old river rats. Jak and Sten |
 |
| Jumping rock. I did top tier this time....then my neck hurt...I'm getting old |
Stay tuned for more info on Joe's schooling. He get to soap this semester which means him and another student in 6th semester have to do a full-body exam on a sheep and donkey in the morning and night for this and next semester. He really get to TOUCH an animal now, not just a dead one but one that he has to keep alive. I guess that is kind of important in this profession. I doubt I will see him much but I hear the excitement in his voice when he talks about surgery...Love you and please keep me posted on what you are doing! I get a little lonely in this one-sided conversation.
 |
| The SVOZINATOR!!!! (College roomie Danielle) |
 |
| Dad and Ender at the Applegate Winery |
 |
| Dan and Ender eatting HOT salsa! |
 |
| Janessa |
 |
Back in the saddle again (Rogue River)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment