Sunday, July 8, 2012

Captain's Log. The end? Or the Beginning...

St. Kitts north east coast. April 2011
Well, folks an era has ended. I have been delaying writing this post. Granted, I write these posts in for me and Josiah to remember our time in St. Kitts and I am not sure if anyone actually reads them. We are back in Oregon, in the good 'ol State United. I've always known I missed this place but I never realized how much I have changed and grown since living here last. Josiah can tell you I've gained patience for one thing. (hmmm maybe teaching preschool and kindergartners can grow a person up?) I am a more confident piano accompanist, choral director and teacher. And I trust God on new levels then ever before. Here's a recap of the last 2.8 years.

paddleboarding
Adieu, St. Kitts. April 2012
1. Josiah and I packed everything we still owned after massive garage selling into the drum room, a six by eight square foot room in our garage. 
2. Dear Micheal Hayworth packed our 4 suitcases and us into his nice, new shiny black Mazda and deposited us on the steps of the Portland airport terminal.
Weigh the suitcase again...take out weight and put in another bag...

3. Passports gleaming with a single stamp we flew across the continental US and received our first blast of humid St. Kitts air
4. Arriving at our new home in St. Kitts we tried the grocery out, bought a car, and navigated the soon to be familiar potholed sandy roads of Basseterre.
5. Eating Johnny cakes, BBQ ribs, Ting and Caribes we meet some of our life-long vet school friends on the beaches of St. Kitts
6. After passing out twice from heat exhaustion in two churches we find a home family of believers, CCF (Caribbean christian fellowship) at the Frigate Bay hotel 
My teaching buddies
7. Teaching music and subbing at the Preparatory school on the vet school campus Jakki gets offered a full time job-teaching preschool. Lord save her.
Choral Reefs ( my prep school kid choir) performing
8. Josiah gets his white coat and learns where his stethoscope can go
3 years ago Team Awesome united to get white coats
9. Adventures in shark diving, Europe exploration, hiking, sandy beach dog travelling and cobblestone Puerto Rico streets treat the Moses to memories
Weigh the suitcase again...take out weight and put in another bag...

10. Expensive, long, tiring, worth-while trips home to GP and Wisconsin to stay with sisters, brothers, parents and friends.
11. Making a small Caribbean apartment feel like a home
I like to eat boats
12. Three beach birthday pretzel parties
13. Hearing about new nieces and nephews being born over the phone
14. Hearing scary health issues news over the phone
15. SSsssssss-lllLll-llll-o0ooOooWWwWwww wW w video ch--a-t---t---i-ng over ,..fg6&3(2fg.-- skype.
My piano students in St. Kitts. They all rock
16. Piano recitals...this time Jakki doesn't play but teaches
17. Dolphin head gets cut off by Joe in a necrosy lab
18. Stop the centipedes from biting Jakki in her sleep!!!
19. Friends making food and sharing lobster poles
20. Finally, understanding the language accent...wait...almost...kinda understanding, thanks local choir members for teaching me the slang
My true friends and musicians, St Christopher Choral Society
21. Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer women's bible studies, prayer, worship music and pizza
22. There is seriously dog hair and sand EVERYWHERE!
23. Weigh the suitcase again...take out weight and put in another bag...
Team Blue 
24. Tears, this time because missing St. Kitts family...
25. Bye Joe, see you sometime? OSU clinics take over Josiah's life and time

"You sound horrible" The honest truth may hurt to some, but to not Ender or Jude

26. Jakki gets teaching job in Corvallis (miracle)
Parentals!
25. Oregon is so green and Ender says, "I want to have dinner at Jakki and Joe's house" Okay come over Ender!
It is good to be home.

In love more than ever

























No comments:

Post a Comment