Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Captain's Log #17




Semester 1...seriously now.
            
Captain's Log, stardate 01.15.2010. I watched Spock and Captain Kirk battle Nero the other night on our old, seriously awesome, plasma screen over the break. Man, I sure do miss that TV. Oh, and my family of course! But seriously, I've missed my family a lot since returning from our long break in Oregon. I thought it would be easier coming back knowing we have a place and all but since we have no return ticket it was harder than I thought. But enough tears, I must update you on Josiah and my adventures.
After finals week in December we flew into Oregon then rented a car and drove to Sunriver to share the cabin with my entire family. It took a good two days to get back but that is how it is when we are going to the west coast. It felt nice to wear jackets and warm clothes. It also felt nice to not have to shave my legs for a while. (Sorry, Joe) It is so true that when you are away you miss things more and we miss the Pacific Northwest. I know it is a long ways off but we still aren't sure where we will be for Josiah’s clinical in 2.5 years or after that. Make me a bargain and maybe we will end up near you!
Yay Portland! Well, after the not-so-severe-snowstorm- where people-drive like- idiots I got to see Tom, Nicole, and Molly, who just returned home from Ethiopia!!!!
I started teaching full time at the pre-school and it is tiring! I love the kiddos and with the exception of a few they are a good group. N broken bones or feces on me yet but I would trade the dirty diapers for just about anything. I hardly, wait; never, even change my own nieces and nephews diapers let alone the four or five I now change daily. (Sorry brothers and sisters) I love having a "real" job and working with the other teachers though. I am super busy lifting up the kids, tying shoes, handing out toys, cleaning up toys, cutting out crafts, and then teaching music too. When the cherished naptime occurs I'm out of there to teach a music class then back in for the last part of nap, obviously my favorite time.
Our New Year's Eve crew, Kate, Mick, and Danny. We played Rich-Man- Poor- Man like no ones business!
Both dogs are here with us now with nothing really to report. I've noticed a massive more amount of sand and hair around the house these days. I guess it is worth having them here though, I really missed them. They are awesome guard dogs too! They have to be quarantined at our house for the next month but we can let them in our yard for a while. I can't wait to take them to the beach! I can't wait to get to the beach either since we haven’t gone yet. This weekend defiantly.
Below are some pics of Josiah getting "white-coated" at the Ross Vet White Coat Ceremony. It was pretty awesome. Doesn't he look like a real vet student? The group is his Vet Prep class buds, and the speaker is Dr. DeYoung the Dean.
At Mt. Bachelor in central Oregon with the Family!
(L-R, Mom, Dad, Jaymie, Ryan, and Danny. Joe was sick and Janna is Preggo, Jason and Beth=MIA)
Janessa and Clayton by the tree!
Mom and Dad Moses  Londondeer.
All the sisters singing at Christmas Eve service!
Jaymie and I and cutie Madisyn.
 Some sad news includes our trip to Michigan. While seeing my extended family and spending more time with my siblings was awesome the reason was not. My Grandpa Gillen, at age 88, passed away a few days before Christmas. I am so glad I got to be home with my mom when she found out. He was a strong and inventive grandpa, always letting me ride around the hot, Michigan, summer nights with him on his tractor. I have great memories of him and will miss him. Please keep my mom and her family in your prayers.
The memorial service was very beautiful with my mom playing the hymns on the piano, Janna writing and reading a beautiful story about my grandpa and his hands, my cousin sharing some unique memories and all my sisters and I singing "Amazing Grace".
My cousin, Robby- the -Police-Officer, stopped by too!
(Jason, dad, me, Robby, Jaym, Mom, Janna)
All my cousins on my moms side! First time together in...well a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment