Captain's Log #16
The semester has ended. "Already?", you might say and I would reply "finally!" Actually it has been quite a journey and I am so thrilled to have a break and have my husband back. Josiah sucessfully passed all his classes too! Just 7 more semesters on the island to go. It is a bit daunting to think of 7 more finals and test weeks but here we go
Going formal to the Ross faculty and staff Banquet at the Marriott
Our friends. (L-r, Long and Jake (both wifeless for the night-studying), me and Josiah, Jason and Jen Chin, Emily (husbandless for the night also)
My dear friend Sandra and her husband Campbell. Sandra is leaving to go home to L.A. She was the Prep School Pre-School teacher...and an amazing woman...my first friend here!
I have some fabulous news. Starting in January I have a full time teaching position at the Ross Prep School! I will continue to teach music part time but in addition I will be the Pre-School teacher too! "Holy crap", I say everyday in anticipation. I went to school to teach high/middle school choir and now I am in charge/responsible for 2-3 year olds. I will be super busy teaching both Pre School and music everyday and also keeping my voice and piano students. This is the time to be busy though, while Josiah is also busy. Also being in air condition all day sounds amazing. I'm thinking I took the job for that "free air conditioning" clause. JK
We fly out Sat, the 19th, to come to Oregon for the next few weeks and we are excited to see the fam and friends. I don't know how we will get around to seeing everyone but I hope we can. It is weird to think about vacationing anywhere else when we live in a tropical island paradise but the old saying that the grass is greener definitely applies here.
…Celebrating the Vet Prep end of finals at our house with the 'ol grill! P.S. Can you tell that it is still flipping hot here!?
…Caroling in my quartet on campus for all the first semesters in the dorms! We sounded awesome! Four-part harmony, baby! (L-R, Karen, Keith, me, and Josh (Karen's 1st sem. Hubby)
...Christmas concerts with the kiddos at the prep school! I and another teacher, Katie, wrote both of the programs with the theme being music around the world. They both turned out great. The older kids, grades 3rd-10th, were a news team reporting on carols from around the world. My friend and fellow teacher. Jake, even created a "green-screen" video. I was so proud of all of them. Many compliments too, which felt nice because I worked really hard.
… Some fellow teachers getting CPR certified! Best/Craziest news I got before this class was, "oh, you will need it the most since you have the young kids now!” Great, thanks, I feel soooooooo not ready for this life-resuscitating job!
…My big choir, the St. Christopher's Chorale Society, sung at the Anglican Church on Monday. The concert was amazing with great soloists, a male quintet, children's choirs and a steel drum band. Josiah and I played a duet too. He played "What Child is this" on the guitar and I sang. I was so nervous but it turned out well.
…I also hosted a cookie- decorating party, one of my favorite traditions. A few close friends came and we had a white elephant gift exchange too. It finally felt like Christmas.
More to come my friends. Thanks again for all the prayer, love, letters, phone calls, and supportive comments. I am blessed to have such amazing friends and family and I realize now that God blesses us all no matter where we are in the world with the people around us.
The journey continues and so does love.
Our best to you and yours.
Moses out!

No comments:
Post a Comment