Thursday, November 26, 2009

Captain's Log #15

Captain's Log #15

THANKSGIVING!!!! Ahh, the first time away from home. Got to say it was a bit hard, especially when one has to work on that day too. I am so very thankful for the amazing man I married, Chaz...hahaha, jk jk. It's Josiah. He's great though. We are doing fine and full thanks to not one but 2 wonderful Turkey meals!
The Prep School Thanksgiving!


The first one was at the Prep School, with all the students, their families, and staff. Busy time to get ready and a bit stressful still watching and chaperoning kids but delicious. Our Friends, downbelow, escaped the flies, sun and kids to eat in side. =-)


My friend, Sarah and I at dinner!
The second dinner was with our church at the frigate bay hotel (where we meet every sunday) There was a good forty or so people and a ton of food! I made Gulliver's Cream Corn and Josiah made Sweet Potatoes. I helped my friend, Emily, set up the turkey and decorate some food cards the night before. I felt right at home there, especially when we watched "Christmas Vacation". Good times, great oldies...
Jake being silly....



Our good friends, Harley, Erin and Karen that we are oh so thankful for!


One more day of work then another day of Thanksgiving! Saturday we're eating at our friends, the Chins, house. I am cooking a small turkey too! Wish me luck and hopefully it won't turn out like the turkey on "Christmas Vacation" where Griswold cuts into it and it collapses. =-0 Josiah has his second to last exams on Monday so keep praying for him! We hope you are thankful for your famly, friends, pets, and amenities! We are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment