Thursday, November 19, 2009

Captain's Log #14


Gong Beach, our first Kittian Surfing adventure!

After a wonderful day of teaching I get to see New Moon tonight with my homies from the Ross. We will probably pack out the place! I am so thankful it is opening here because I thought I'd have to wait until Christmas to see it. The movie theater is new and large but they don't have a lot of new releases, usually they are 3-4 weeks late here.

I've been busy with planning, writing, singing, and teaching 2 Christmas programs for the Prep school, a quartet of carol-ers for campus, teaching afterschool everyday and accompanying for the st. chris choir.  Josiah is doing well on his tests and only has two more sets to go until we are heading home for break! Time flies when you're having fun...and we have been.

On Wednesday Taylor picked us up at 6am and we went to Gong beach to surf! Josiah had a blast and experiences his first surf. He swears he almost stood up and entire second. I was videotaping and taking pictures the first hour while he was riding. But I got in there, did my thing and then almost lost my swimsuit. Good times. It is sooooo much warmer/better than southern Oregon. Sorry guys, but seriously no contest. The waves weren’t huge but decent. I missed you, Jamie Ronning! I need you and Dave out there to give us some pointers!

  Watch out, Hasselhoff, Baywatch hulk- Josiah soming this way!

Home security update: we are secure. Last Friday after someone tried to break in, aka they pried open our metal plate but couldn't undo the lock, the landlord sent over someone to install a double lock bolt and a new plate. I still feel a little uneasy with all the random people in our neighborhood because of the all the construction. It really isn't that bad though and all our sweet housemates have each other’s back. I can't wait for our furry home security systems to get their tails down here in Jan. They have some mean barks.

Last Sunday, we had church at the beach. Our church consists of mostly Ross vet students and some staff/teachers. Josiah and I have been playing on the worship team and are hugely blessed to be a part of it. I feel like music has been a large part of why I am so happy here; there are so many needs for a music leader in the schools, churches and communities here. I am a little overwhelmed because I am so young and fresh out of school but school has prepared me for teaching music and as Paul said in timothy "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech in life, in love, in faith, and in purity" (1 Tim 5:12). I love the people in our worship team and we have already grown in musicality, faith, and love.




Llyod and his wife Lara keeping it hopping (both from Texas, mind you!)


It's my Burr-day ("birthday" in Josiah-talk) weekend! I can't wait! Josiah has some fun things planned, like a historical jaunt to the old military base here (Brimstone Hill), dinner on sat. Night, and a beach BBQ on Sun (the official day of my birth). It is a little weird not to have any family or you all here to celebrate. I'm already missing my theme-parties and dance buddies! Can we organize a Christmas dance party? Anyone, anyone?





No comments:

Post a Comment