Captain's Log #13
STARDATE. 1..1.2.2.3.325.45.346.45.6.7647.
I left this morning to take Josiah into school in a hurry, psst he forgot he had to be there at 10:30. I come home and find this:
Yesh, someone tried to pry open our door! Scary and weird. The door was still clearly locked so I texted Josiah and went inside with my hand ready to call for help... obviously there was no one inside but still i felt scared. I ate my lunch in the back room with both phones and the door locked. I then went into the Prep school and showed the picture to my co workers there. Ria, the math teacher and close friend, was appalled I hadn't called Ross Security. I hadn't even thought of it. They hadn't entered so I guess I just blanked on what to do. So she called them, they called the police and we all had a party at my house. Even, Mac, the head woman in charge of off campus housing at the school came to help. There were 4 police (one constable, so lovely). 2 Ross Security guys, Mac and I. Mac even called my landlord to tell her how many and the kinds of locks.
Really, it is a blessing. God is good and knows I needed protection. So we have a handy man coming to install a new plate, lock and hopefully bolts soon. Now, I say that but "soon" is a loose concept here.
No worries, friends. I am so very thankful nothing was taken. Oh wait, someone did steal my dirt. Those sons of guns! Seriously I bought a bag of Miracle Grow Potting Soil and it is gone off our front porch. But our BBQ, new hose, and bag of coals are still there. Dirt, mind you, dirt. I'd hate to see what they stole if I was gone longer than 15 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment