Sunday, February 28, 2010

Log du Cap-i-taine

OUR SHIP

Josiah and I finally had our first scuba trip together. Way back in them olden days when we were young lads and lasses in college we both took certification classes. Yet we never had gone together. Josiah had his first feel for the warm tropical waters...I had my taste of Pacific northwest coast dives and never again for me. The water was about 85 degrees and our first descent was to 80 feet. We saw a couple stingrays, one laying in the sand and one "flying" over the reef. Lots of bright purple and green coral and sea fans. We saw a giant blue and red lobster and man was he ug-ly! (I didn't want to think about his cousin that I ate for dinner on friday night either) Our second dive was to 50feet and still amazing visibility. We saw an "upside down jellyfish", which is a rare species. I can't wait till mom and dad come down in march to take them out. it was weird driving home and realizing that we dove right outside the coast by our house. Usually when you dive you get a shuttle back to your home but we just went five minutes to our house. The perks of living on an island!

It is our first, and only, 3-day weekend for Ross University Students. We are half way throught the term so mid-semester break garentees a day off! (Well, Josiah will study again all day tomorrow but at least he took off today!) We enjoyed the afternoon today at our friend, Jen and Jason's, infinity pool! They have an amazing home and are so nice to share it with us. We had a BBQ, drinks and great time. Josiah topped it all off with a nice canon-ball. I married a child....and I love him!!!
Karen, Isaiah and I lounging!
Our last dive off the coast of where our house is. Camps Reef.

At school, I hosted the Pre-School Olympics! The kids had a great time running around and doing silly games like the Hula Hoop Hop, the Feather Race, Lips and Straw Race, and other games. Two of the older kid classes helped out and we completed the day with gold metals for all the students. I was sweating buckets though. We started at 10 am and it was so humid already! I think it feels like July and not Februrary. 

Pre-school has been tough and strenuous but I might be getting some help a few days. Please pray for that. Rigth now I have 10 two-year olds all to myself! I am still teaching a music class a day to the older students which is my saving grace. As much as I love those kiddos it is soooo nice to have full sentences with the big kids. I aso love my piano and voice lessons after school but it sure makes a packed day. 

Josiah and I are both involved in bible studies with our church. (This semester there are guys and girls ones) The girls all have dinner together every sunday night, all 15 of us, and are working through a Beth Moore study in the book of Daniel. If you ever get a chance to do a Beth Moore study, shes a pastor from Houston First Baptist, than do it!!! I love the "homework" and the insights she gives. We also watch a video of her eveery week togterh and then discuss. It has been a huge blessing to have those sisters down here because we all deal with similar stresses and longings for home. But as I am reminded every night, God never gives us something too big for us, only something that will make us stronger. MY muscles are being worked.

PLease keep me posted with what is haoppening around you too! I miss hearing all the little details of what is happening in your lives. Sometumes I feel like I am stuck in a vortex. 

BTW, my dear sister, Janna, had her son, ENDER WILLIAM REID, last week! He is probably the cutest thing ever, unless they photo-shopped his pictures and then I won't really know how he looks till May....but I still think he is beautiful and a gift from God to both Danny, Janna and our whole family. He had some rough beginnings with breathing problems but is doing fabulous now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment