Having fun with my niece Madisyn on the swings in Wisconsin
Madi pushing "Debbie" on her own swing
Jaymie with her cutie daughter, Madisyn and holding our nephew, Ender.
As you can already tell our trip to Wisconsin was lovely! What a huge joy it was to hang out with my dear sisters, niece, and new nephew! (Also their awesome hubby's were pretty fun too!). We got the royal treatment from Jaymie and Ryan with a master bedroom, fresh venison every morning, beautiful days, and the chance for some QT with Madisyn. This was the first time I've had one on one with Madi since we are always visiting for a few days around Christmas or august breaks. She usually wants Mom that whole time bc of all the strange aunts, uncles and cousins around. So for us to be in her "world" was a treat! She opened up to Josiah and I and we had a blast! Singing silly songs, (which I am at expert level since I teach pre-school now a days), playing with dolls, reading books was all fun. It warmed my heart when I heard after I jumped out of the car she turned to Jaym and Joe and cried, "I NEED JAKKI!!" What a change. after this first week I felt like having one of these kiddos wouldn't be so bad...then came Ender!!!!
No, really Ender is a treat too! What a smiley, loveable baby! Janna and Danny met us in Wisconsin on the second half of our trip there. I got to feed and burp Ender like 7+ times! This is probably the most I've ever held a new-born without them screaming. He looks so much like his Daddy! Despite the fact he kept us up a couple nights, nothing compared to his mommy and daddy, and that we got the boot from our bedroom WE LOVED seeing them! Honestly, I would rather sleep outside on the porch than have missed this trip. Thanks to the Braden's (Jaym and Ryan) for hosting all of us!
Ender and Aunt Jakki
Now we are back on the island and back into school. I swear I will never get over being homesick. Every few months I just yearn for cold weather, jeans, hoodies, coffee, bookstores, music concerts, and especially out family and freidns. You have had such an impact on our lives that even when we know we are supposed to be here and are happy we still MISS YOU! God is generous to give us so much love in our lives. Please pray that I will be continually be thanking Him for where we are and to find peace in the moment. Story of my life.
Our hike by Lake Geneva
Josiah is in his second semester of vet school. He is also tutoring this semester to a few students. Pray for that...he in fact is a great teacher and I can see him continuing on that path someday. Just be praying for a balance of work, school, and "Jakki" time. Second semester is supposedly on of the toughest and most labor intensive. There is something like 15+ tests throughout the next 14 weeks.
Oh yeah, we don't get a summer break, ya'll. So when you are thinking, "When are Jakki and Joe coming home for summer?" turn that thought upside down and think "oh, yeah, there is no rest for the vet student...how about I go visit them!" To which I would reply, "Hells yeah! Come on over!" We have two weeks off the last week of august and the first week of September so that is a great time. I am teaching through the summer too...yep....all you teachers go hurl in the toilet for that....we have year-round school. Well, it is summer camp so at least I'll be out of the pre-school for 8 weeks till next September.
Visiting Tiffany in Madison, WI!
Looking towards the future! Jakki and Joe-OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment