ODE TO OREGON
(Our breakfast of French toast in the shape of this great state. Also appropriate attire provided by Josiah)
I can't believe. Even as I write the title I can't believe it. One more month and we will have lived in St. Kitts for 1 year. We only have 2 more to go on the island...okay now that sounds more realistic. As I try and try to buy brand name cereals that DON'T have moths already living inside, yearn for Thai, Japanese and Mexican food, or constantly wipe sand out of my purse I am amazed. Amazed at home we really can get used to anything. The pain of being so far away from my family, friends, weather and culture are still near but God has provided a family, friends, and new culture to explore.
I am lesson planning and studying right now so I'll have to be brief. I am going to be a Kindergarten teacher next September in addition to teaching music to all grades. It is definitely a full time job as I have been planning day and night since I heard of the switch. Please keep me in your prayers. I really don't want to ruin any children's lives. Good news is you can all think of me when you read those "Everything I learned I learned in Kindergarten" posters. All those going into teaching...you never know where and what you'll be teaching. I had no idea that while I was student teaching in a high and middle school I'd spend a few years teaching preschool and kindergarten. Life's a roller coaster...
LONDON'S NEW BED (I made it! A green one for Treble too!)
Josiah celebrated his 25th B-day at the pool and with great friends last Saturday. We had a fabulous time eating, swimming and playing a Frisbee game.
This semester (second) has been draining and tough. Keep Josiah in your daily prayers as he has a million tests and finals quickly approaching.
HI!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your blog, brings joy to my heart. am praying for you both--Jakki in your new job this fall and Joe with school. Keep pressing on!! We can do this...
and i'm so impressed with the dog beds! seriously, way to go. you're my heroine.
AND i covet joe's tree t-shirt, where can i get one?? trees, mountains, water, wild oceans, OREGON...ahhhhh
love you both!
ali