Hi dear people from the mainland. We made it through. After about 40 hours without power, cleaning out my fridge and freezer, cleaning my whole house, and a good cry we are back in business. Josiah is leading an orientation group and they all had their first impression of St. Kitts through Hurricane eyes. Poor people. We have a new one heading straight for us next week named Gaston. Please keep us in your prayers. They really are cool to watch but hard to sleep through.
I started my work today. Only a week and a half off is is just not a long enough summer for me. I suppose only the strong shall survive and I intend to be the best Kindergarten I can. (Got the music teacher part just about down by now =-) WE have in-service from Thursday through Sunday and the kids come on Monday.
For now here is part of the storm warnings emails we've been getting. Keep checking your email because I have some awesome pictures of our trips I need to post.
At 11:00 am AST, the center of tropical depression Nine was located approximately 1720 miles east of the Lesser Antilles Island (remember that we are in the Leeward Islands portion of the Lesser Antilles). The depression is moving toward the west at nearly 15 mph. The storm should move toward the west or west-northwest at a slower forward speed during the next two days. Maximum sustained winds for the tropical depression are near 35 mph with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast, making it likely that tropical depression Nine will become a tropical storm during the next 48 hours.
It is too early to predict the exact track of this storm, but early projections are that it will swing to the north before reaching us. Apparently, it will also be moving slowly enough to not pose any problems before Monday.>
No comments:
Post a Comment