Hello Friends and Family,
I just wanted to write you a "Goodbye America" email because the next time I write one I'll be a Kittian, a resident of St. Kitts! Crazy, yes, indeed it is but nonetheless we are flying out of Miami tomorrow morning. We sold the cars, rented the house, changed our address, stored our stuff, canceled the phones, boarded the dogs, sold the couches, and packed our entire belongings into 4 suitcases.
In case you haven't heard the whole story listen up. Josiah applied to the veterinary school called Ross University in March. Blah blah blah....*cut to the end of the story* he got in and Jakki and Joe are moving to the Caribbean tomorrow for almost 3 years. However there are a few details Joe would like to mention along the way. Primarily, he wanted all of his friends and family know that he loves them all and is grateful for all they have done. Truly, so many of you have blessed us with encouragement, prayers, manual labor, money, kind words, great advice, and the list goes on and on... Joe is pretty bad at writing Thank-you cards but he wants you all to know how incredibly thankful he is to you all. I would like to conclude these section of the story by saying I am tired of writing in third person.
Back to Jakki" third person voice; I'm sorry I am out of it already with the packing and travelling. Thankfully Josiah stepped in there to motivate me writing. The other cool thing about moving is that I have my first teaching job! I will be the Ross University Preparatory School's very first and only music teacher! I had an interview last month in Portland and I didn't even think a teaching job was available. I was simply hoping to be a substitute. However, God went ahead and did it again, giving me more than I even could ask for. It will be a part time job but I get to experience teaching music from kindergartners to ninth graders and be a part of a community of educators. The beach thing will be cool, just not 5 days a week. I'm excited/nervous to teach...jsut mostly excited right now.
So until we have pictures of our new home...its sianara...wait how do you spell that? Is sigh-a-nar-uh good enough? I'll figure out the IPA and get back to you..
Keep praying kiddos! I'm sure I'll have a mental breakdown sometime soon. Can't wait. We love you all.
Jak and Joe Moses
P.S. The Dogs get to come and live with us in December. It was too hot for the airlines to fly them and we don't want any hot dogs. Hopefully it won't be too cold next time we fly. Until then Janna and Danny are watching the weimeraner, London and Mom and Dad Moses are taking care of the choc lab,Treble. If you see them give them a hug for me bc I miss them! Just face it, you're all jealous of them. Lots of love and blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment