Sunday, October 4, 2009

Intro to the Blog, Blog, Blog!!!






This is our blog. What a fun word "blog" is. I could say it over and over again all day long. Blog, blog, blog. Okay, that's enough. Hope you can see everything. Just let me know if anything looks funky!

I decided to keep going with the "Captain Log" theme since I've heard people like it. It really brings me back to fond memories of Saturday nights in front of the T.V. with the family watching Captain Picard, Giordi, Data, Reicher, Troy, and Crusher blaze through the solar system. Good times. Also, back in the old college days Josiah had a Myspace page where he would record sound clips of captains logs and they were pretty hilarious. So we now have our joint Captain's Logs coming at you like the Star Scape Screen Saver! So watch out!

In case you've been out of the loop for any amount of time Josiah and Jakki now live St. Kitts, West Indies in the western Caribbean Sea. Our pups, London and Treble will be joining us in January. This is for the next few years so Josiah can start his dream of becoming a veterinarian. He is attending Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and has 7 semesters on the island and then 3 semesters at some other vet school in the states. He then just has to pass a ginormous and expensive test and Boom! He's a vet. No big deal, just 4 years to go and whole lot of money, tests, and coffees.

I, Jakki, am fortunate enough to have a job part time at the Ross Preparatory School on campus. I get to teach ages 3-15 music. After school I teach piano and voice lessons which are available for the students. This is awesome because I get to use my degree in music education, get experience and have a community. The school is a brand new building on campus and this is the first year they've had a music teacher and over 60 kids!

I will write more soon, so stay tuned!

oh...pictures include...
1. me eating a Lobster with my buddy and co-worker, Jake.
2. A Huge avacado, actually they're all HUGE!
3. Josiah BBQ-ing on the beach with our new/old Grill!(oh, you are so jealous right now!)
4. Outdoor house plants that we found and planted in shells for the Holistic club plant sale (and for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment