Mid Salute from Captain Jakki! (I had to sneak over to do this one=-)
Went on the first semester Catamaran Trip today. It was oh so fun and relaxing. That is a great thing about living and studying here. If you need to relax then there are several amazing ways to do so.
One of the Catamarans.You can see Karen and Isiah in the front!
Take yesterday for example, I relaxed by my friends pool, sipped mango wine, then went to the movies while Josiah dutifully studied all day at school. I relax and he studies. Marriage at it's best.
Okay, but seriously Josiah got the day today to relax a bit before his four exams tomorrow. In the Vet Prep Program they have block exams every three or four Mondays. This means they'll have a few Mondays off while the others they have all of their tests. Kind of crazy but so far Josiah has been kicking butt! Let's hope he can keep it up.
Extreme Optimisum from Josiah
I must admit I'm still learning how to support him while also not losing my mind. We are so used to being in school and working at the same time that it has been difficult for me to learn that I am here because of his schooling. I am so blessed to have a job in the mean time and especially in what I want to teach that sometimes I forget that we are here for Josiah to become the best darn veterinarian he can be! Even if that means me swallowing my pride and in fact always being the dishwasher and cook. Whew...well, hopefully not always.
Last week was a great week of going to my good friends, Karen's, house for yummy lunches, swimming in various pools, and babysitting the cutest baby, Karen's son Isaiah. Note to self; do not have a baby until Josiah is done with school. Great, got that out and done with. No, I love watching Isaiah and the other kiddos here that our brave friends have. But I am just at the amount of selflessness mom and dads have and especially here. To move to a foreign country, have your spouse not be around bc they're studying and then to have two dependent people is a truly amazing feat. My props to you, Karen for handling like a champ. It felt good to help Karen and Josh get out and have a nice dinner while we watched Isaiah on Wed. night. I even got Karen to myself on Sat. as we watched Fame, great musical, at the local the-ater.
My good friend, Kori, from TX and loving the pool!
I had my first St. Christopher Choral Society rehearsal last Monday and found out that I am accompanying, or at least for the rehearsals. That is incredibly nerve wracking for me but good for my experience. Kind of like eating your vitamins, which will someone please send me some because I am severing lacking in calcium. Anywhoo, Rehearsal was great, hot and sweatY but productive. Hopefully I'll get a chance to conduct or lead rehearsals even while I'm here. wink wink.
Hope you are well where and how you are. We are looking for tickets home and so be praying for that to come along smoothly. Only 8 weeks till we'll be home for Christmas!
Thanks for the compliment! You are truly a great help to me with Isaiah when we go out to lunch and hang out at the beach or pool, so I really appreciate it! I would be going nuts without your assistance!!! I feel so lucky to have found such a great friend to share this strange yet beautiful journey that our husbands have taken us on! At least now I can say that I'm happy to be along for the ride! Love you!
ReplyDelete